Visiting Scholars Program
Visiting Scholars in Clinical Bioethics
- Visiting Scholars at the postgraduate level will be accepted following approval of applicant to be made by PCCB faculty and Director for a duration of appointment lasting 1 month minimum (maximum of 6 months).
- Each Visiting Scholar will have an assigned mentor; the project must fit into the overall clinical mission of the PCCB.
- Visiting scholars will be able to accompany faculty on rounds; attend works in progress and challenging case presentations; attend special lectures.
- Visiting scholars will be able to attend all events sponsored by the Center with waiver of registration fee.
- Submission of a Visiting Scholar application with a full description of proposed project along with a letter of endorsement from Dean or head of department in home institution.
- Fee: $200 per week payable to the Pellegrino Center for Clinical Bioethics at beginning of stay at Georgetown.
- Scholar is required to make a presentation of their work to PCCB faculty, staff and scholars at the end of the stay at Georgetown.
The Pellegrino Center for Clinical Bioethics provides:
- desk with computer;
- telephone for local calls only;
- use of office equipment including copy machine;
- unlimited scanning;
- access to Bioethics Research Library.
Visiting Scholars will be awarded with a certificate at the end of the stay at the Center recognizing their accomplishments.